At Home with + POOL
Estimated Time: 1 hour
Subjects: Engineering, Science, Environment, Writing, Architecture
What You Need At Home: internet access, printer, pen & paper
Click here to download and print your free materials.
- Show your middle schooler NYC Water Bodies Map.
- Ask your middle schooler to research each body of water on the map and list three facts about each waterbody, citing sources.
- Take the NYC Waterbody Geography Quiz!
- Have your middle schooler read about one of the biggest issues impacting NYC’s water bodies from the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation: Combined Sewage Overflows.
- Have your middle schooler look into some pilot projects by various NYC agencies that are helping reduce the impact of CSOs, including Using toilets for rain gardens and oyster reefs;
- Take the CSO quiz!