November 2, 2021
– Running 26.2 miles to support + POOL because she has been tracking + POOL since it’s earliest days and was excited when Arup (her former employer) got involved to assist with the technical feasibility. “Providing inclusive public access to swimming is dope,” she says!
– Running 26.2 miles to support + POOL because not only did Covid alter his plans to run 13.1 for + Pool in 2020, the cause is one that he is genuinely very supportive and excited for – a pool for everyone that is in the East River? Wild and amazing idea!
– Running 26.2 miles to support + POOL because + POOL was one of the first causes (and Kickstarter projects) he backed when arriving in NYC. Subsequently, having moved to Amsterdam, he gets to appreciate a city that has a closer relationship with its waterways; so coming back to NYC and supporting + POOL completes a loop for him. He’s also looking forward to running some miles with some good friends.
– Running 26.2 miles to support + POOL because he’s been following the crazy + POOL journey from Day 1 and have been so inspired by the audacity and dedication of Archie, Jeffrey, Dong, Kara and the team. “The pursuit of making this dream a reality is a constant reminder for me to dream much much bigger,” he says!
– Running 26.2 miles to because he took up running as a pandemic hobby to be more in tune with his physical health. He found it fun to push further and further distances to see how far he could go. “My marathon inspiration is my mother. She ran NYC the year I was born, so this one’s for her!’ he says. 🙂
This year serves as the 50th celebratory running of the New York City Marathon. The marathon began in 1970 and has become one of the most anticipated annual mass sporting events in NYC. The 2021 TCS New York City Marathon will bring together people of all ages and abilities reflecting the resilience and strength of the running community. Friends of + POOL was named an Official Charity Partner for the 2021 TCS New York City Marathon and these amazing friends are transversing 5 boroughs and 26.2 miles of NYC in support of our work!